Sunday, March 22, 2020

I'm back!!!!

So it's been a while...almost 7 years actually.  Life got busy in the past 7 years.  I was separated, got a new position at work, and of course, I have been a happy little code monkey as well.  I definitely got a great grasp on C# and ASP .Net Core.  So much so that my Java skills which used to be more forté are not even remotely up to date.  I have found that Microsoft's .Net has matured to the point now where it doesn't make sense to ignore it anymore.  I find that PHP is too hard to work with, although it is a fairly robust platform (Wordpress for eg).  Ruby on Rails is another popular framework but it is rather slow.  JSP is definitely still a very robust platform but the hosting options are not as ubiquitous as the other options. 

So I am going to try a little experiment which I will start talking about in my next post.  I am going to try and develop an ASP .Net Core 3.1 MVC Web Application on Linux.  I am using Ubuntu 19.10 (Eoan Ermine) on my laptop and have tested it out I was able to get a small sample app to run.  Pretty cool.

Also on more physical experimentation things, I intend on trying an experiment in a leather alternative.

Stay tuned, my intent is to start posting regularly.  Since I have some topics that will involve regular posts, there should be more content here in the future.

Until next time my fellow nerds!!!

No comments: